Sunday, May 15, 2011

It's Official



Our kids like Soccer! Hazel was running all over the place this week at soccer. It was freezing and raining and they still had a great time. The separated the kids and had Ollie on defense while Hazel was on offense. She was a bit frustrated at times. She ran past us during the game and said as she passed "They won't let me kick the ball". It was sad and funny at the same time. She took a tumble (the goalie on the other team was pretty agressive) but Coach got to her quickly and she was off again.


Ollie is a little less interested in where the ball is and more interested in where Hazel is. He did finally get to kick the ball once so he was pretty proud of himself.



So this week was pretty crazy weather wise. We had 80's, Severe Thunderstorms, Tornado warnings early in the week and then 40's and mist.

When the sirens went off I was ready for the kids to freak a bit. But I ran upstairs to shut windows and although it was exceptionally loud, the kids slept right through it. What a shocker and a blessing that was!

We didn't get much of anything. We had friends with golfball size hail in their yards (Saint Louis Park got hammered) and he sent me a few pictures of it. No tornado ever came out of it though. Just lots of warnings.

We have also been playing tennis in the driveway quite a bit. Ollie likes it but Hazel tires of it pretty quickly. She will start riding her bike rather than hit balls with Mom or Dad.

At one point, Ollie was going after a ball and Hazel as was riding her bike in the way (purposely) and Ollie accidentally hit her on the head with his racquet. Hazel was a bit perturbed and needed a bit of love from Mom and Ollie turns to me as he is hitting the ball back at me and say "luckily it wasn't my head". Which pretty much busted me up. He was right. Thank goodness he hit Hazel in the head and not himself. Good stuff.

I went golfing on Saturday at 44 degrees and rain. We had a great time. Even though it was crazy cold. As I was leaving for gave Ollie game be some very sage advice "Dad. Remember to try and get it in the hole". I told him I would do my best. I would not have played as well had I not remembered those words on each hole. :-)

We have a new bird feeder and this week was awesome for birds! A few years ago I saw a bird in my back yard that I was sure was a scarlet tanager ( I looked it up before I called her) and she was very confident in telling me that it was probably an Oriole and not a Tanager.



Well on Saturday morning an orange bird hit the window and I jumped out of the couch to see it and sure enough, there it was again. I had not seen it in at least 4 years. Well, this time I have a picture! It certainly is a Tanager.


We also had a red bellied woodpecker on our suet and 10 rose breasted grosbeaks all at the same time. It was a banner day!








Well, I can officially say I am exhausted from being outside all day, but it has been some time since I have posted anything so I figured today was a good day.

Pat.

No comments: